Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Great Gatsby

Wow! That’s the first thing I would like to say about the Great Gatsby by  F. Scott Fitzgerald . The fact that we saw the movie too, made me love it even more. I think the reason why so many students liked the book was because how much time our teachers spent in explaining it. We learn about not only the characters and plot, but the inside details in the setting and the hidden symbols.



            To be honest, I loved this book because it wasn’t about war or about different cultures. For example, freshman year, we read The Good Earth. That was probably the book I disliked the most. But seriously, I think if your teacher had a passion for the novel, than the class discussion would be so much better.

            I remember when I first started reading The Great Gatsby. I instantly fell in love with it. Not only was it short, but it was amazing. It had drama, romance, and action. It truly was a tragedy. Jay tried with all his power and money to get Daisy back, but at the end, all that didn’t matter. He couldn’t accept that although Daisy loved and loves him, she still loved Tom as well. Not only was the book amazing, I love how dramatic the movie was! It was way better than the older version. This makes sense because obviously technology has improved since then. It was pretty cool that the teachers made it a senior class trip. I enjoyed that very much.
 



                       

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read or watched "The Great Gatsby." I've heard lots of good things about the book. I really want to watch the movie, but I want to wait until I read the book first. I'm glad you enjoyed the novel and this makes me looked forward into reading this novel next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the book as well. It was a good read and the only classic book that I liked. I agree with you that the primary reason that I enjoyed the book was teh long hours that the teachers spent explaining the novel. The book may have been short but it was jammed packed with sympolism and action.

    ReplyDelete